We are a part of world’s biggest democratic country, India. People of our country have all the right to do anything for our self but within the constitution. Indian Constitution is the rulebook, it includes rights of peoples, restrictions on peoples, instruction for government to manage the administration of our country. But do you really know some interesting fact about our Indian constitution?
1. Indian constitution is completely handwritten. There is no use for any type of printing and typing methods or design. In our constitution, there are 488 articles,12 schedules and 101 amendments so far.
2. Originally our constitution was written by Prem Behari Narain Raizada in italic style.
3. Indian constitution is the world’s biggest handwritten constitution. It took over 2 years 11 months and 17 days to complete this.
4. Indian constitution was signed by 283 members of the parliament before introducing it Dr B.R. Ambedkar was the chairman of constitution committee.
5. D.R. Ambedkar was the first law minister of free India. He was an economist also. He is also known as the ” father of Indian constitution“.
6. Do you know why exactly 26th January is selected for introducing our Indian constitution?
Because 26th January is anniversary day of “Purna Swaraj Day”
7. “Purna Swaraj Day” this day Indian Congress first came forward for complete independence.
8. The original copy of the handwritten constitution is now safely kept in the library of parliament with the help of special helium.
9. A final draft of our constitution was completed on 26th November 1949 but it legally enforced on 26 January 1950 and now we are celebrating this day as the Republic Day.
10. Before finalizing constitution, there were over 2000 amendments which were reduced to 94 amendments after large debate and discussion of committee members.
Report : Ravi Raushan